CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Quilted Card - "Happy Birthday"

I'm having fun with these quilted cards!!  I found a different design on the internet (here) and I have 'lifted' it to create my own design for a quilted card.  Here is the original design...
I've used  "Echo Park - Simply Eclectic" papers to complete this card.  Here is my recipe:

Card Base - 5" (white cardstock)
Mat - 4.75" (teal)
2 x 1.5" squares (teal) - cut on diagonal (represents pale pink in pattern)
2 x 1.5" squares (pink) - cut on diagonal (represents pale blue in pattern)
8 x 0.75" squares (pink) (represents pale blue in pattern)
1 x 1.5" square (hex pattern) (represents lilac in pattern)
8 x 0.75" squares (hex pattern) (represents lilac in pattern)

I also then cut a flower from a Cuttlebug Die in the pink and hex pattern papers, and the "My Creative Time - Stitched Oval" die in white cardstock.  I have edged the Stitched Oval cutout with Blue Lagoon VersaColour ink and have stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday" from the "My Creative Time - Gift Card Sentiments" stamp set.

I have added some Stickles to the flower and to the green hexagon wherever it appears on the hex patterned paper just for a bit of something special.


I absolutely LOVE how this turned out!  My friend has just asked me to make a 70th Birthday card for her M-I-L.  I think I might apply another quilt pattern...

Cheerio!
Deb. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment