CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 23, 2012

16th Birthday Card - Horses

I still have my 'craft' on at the moment, and with my niece's 16th Birthday tomorrow, I wanted to make her a special card.  My niece is very much into her horses, and whilst I was tidying up my scrap-space, I found an old, cheap-ish set of stamps I had bought ages ago that was about horses.  I really liked the look of the circular horse-head silhouette and knew it would fit perfectly inside the stitched circle from the "My Creative Time - Scallop and Stitched Circle" die set.  

I cut a piece of Kraft Cardstock to make a 4"x4" card.  I then ruled lines at the 2" mark to create four squares on the front.  With my white Sakura Jelly pen I added faux stitching around the outside.  I then cut four stitched circles on plain white cardstock.

I edged three of the circles with my Chipped Sapphire Distress ink and the fourth one I lightly daubed the surface with the same colour. Using Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog and Rich Cocoa, I stamped the horse silhouette once for each colour on the three white circles.  On the fourth circle that had been daubed with Distress ink, I stamped '16' in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I then cut a Scallop Circle from the MCT die set in black for the '16' circle to sit on.

After putting each of the circles in the four squares of the card, I then added some bling to the card, and some black stickles to the alternate scallop petals (didn't really come out too well in the photo).


I hope my niece likes her card tomorrow, and I hope you like it too!!
Cheerio!

Deb.
xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment