CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Flaunt It Friday - Challenge

OK, this is the first time I've ever taken part in a challenge, so here goes!
I don't have the Winter Frolic cartridge, so I used my Gypsy to create my own version of this adorable little snowman from Page 29.  I used images from the Wild Cards cartridge, George and Basic Shapes, and even used a bumper fender from the Cars cartridge (for the top of the ear muffs!), then hid the parts of the images I didn't want, welded it all together and took a scarf from the Every Day Paper Dolls cartridge.  I finished off with PKS Everyday Character Face Parts for the face and the buttons down the front, and added some KindyGlitz in Crystalina (similar to Stickles, I'm assuming!) for some bling on the scarf and on the ear muffs.  I cut my snowman out 3 times on Bazzill Weave and stuck them together to give some dimension (using my Xyron 5").  The backing paper on the card is Making Memories Glitter Diagonal Stripe, and I cut the sentiment "Greetings" out of the Christmas cartridge on plain black cardstock.
Hope you like him!
Cheers!
D.

10 comments:

Amanda Villarreal

Wow you did a great job remaking the snowman! He is so cute. :)

Thanks for joining us at Flaunt It Fridays!

Amanda

Vivi Martínez

Lovely card and the snowman is so cute!! Great job doing it. I love the colors you used... Beautiful!

Unknown

So pretty. Love the earmuffs, very creative. Thank you for joining us at Flaunt It Fridays:)

Stephanie

The Scrapbooking Queen

I just love your card and the way you got it all togehter is awesome... that what a challenge is all about
Thank you for playing along with the FIF design team and challenge
The Scrapbooking Queen

365 Days of Cricut

You did such an awesome job on YOUR very 1st challenge! you already look like a pro! You did a great job Flaunting it this week, I hope you can join us again next week! Thanks for joining us @ Flaunt it Friday's!

Dorcas

This is sooo cute! So glad you joined us on our challenge over at FIF! You did FABULOUS!!

~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Dina

cute snowman! I really need to get those peachy keen stamps! Dina

Janis Lewis

He's GREAT! Thanks for playing at FIF! :) Janis

Unknown

Great job creating the snowman! Thanks for joining us at the FIF challenge! :) Laurel

Raven B

Oh wow girl this is cuteness!!!
Hugs,
Raven

Post a Comment