CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 24, 2012

"Tackers White 2012" - Double page 12x12 Layout

My son recently had his presentation day for this junior footy team.  He plays in the Tackers White team at our local footy club with a bunch of his mates from school.  Earlier in the season the team photos were taken, and because I've been a bit slack with scrapbooking lately (try the past 2 years!), I thought I'd get these photos done straight away!  I'm rapt with how this double layout turned out!

I've just used white textured cardstock for both sheets.  I then cut a whole heap (34!) of the pointy banners from the "My Creative Time - Build a Banner" stamp and die kit using scraps of some navy blue Creative Memories cardstock.  I have then stuck these up one side of each page and across the top of both to create an enclosed banner feel.

I used my SCAL Software and a "Letterman" font to cut out the title.  I adhered the cut out letters to some plain white cardstock.  For the "Tackers White" strips I inked the edges with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and then daubed Faded Jeans Distress Ink on the face around the letters.  For the "2012" strip I only inked the edges with Chipped Sapphire.

I then matted the portrait shot of my son on some blue cardstock, and added white faux stitching around the edge of the mat.  I wanted to get a bit funky with how I put the photos and title pieces on the page and so I continued to use the Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and the Ink Blending Tool directly onto the textured white cardstock to create a feature mat underneath.  I'm really pleased with how it came out, although once it was all stuck down I wish I had've done it under the "Tackers White" part of the title too.  Oh well, live and learn!

I had some little footy stickers in my stash and I've added these to the banners up the sides, and I've used silver Stickles to write "LOVE FOOTY!" across the top of the banners.  Finally I used a black pen to link up the banners as though on a string.

The photo is a bit blurry (must set something up for photographing my masterpieces!), but I'm still so thrilled to be actually 'scrapping' again!

Cheerio!
Deb.
xo



1 comments:

Deb McCleary

I'd better do a page for my daughter's dancing now that I've recommenced scrapping!! :P

Post a Comment