CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Some fun with my new MCT stuff!


Late last night I got to having some fun with my new Distress Inks.  I got to blending some Wild Honey, Bundled Sage and Worn Lipstick in different colour combinations.  The Bundled Sage and Worn Lipstick obviously gave a bit of a Christmassy feel and so this morning I went with that!  I stamped the line of holly from the My Creative Time - Warm Holiday Fun set and used Stickles to highlight.  I also used my VersaMark ink pad to stamp and heat emboss the sentiment "May your holiday sparkle and shine!".  I used Fantasy Gold embossing powder for a bit of extra sparkle.  I then used a black glitter pen to put some stitching around the edge.


Next up was drawing on the inspiration of the My Creative Time "Show Me Your Technique" mini blog-hops that run every Tuesday (here).  This week, Kim from "Scrapin Mom of One Inspiring Little Boy" was demonstrating her technique of using dies in ways different than the obvious (original post here).  So, using the My Creative Time - Warm Holiday Fun stamp and die set, I used the long christmas decoration as petals (and leaves) for a poinsettia flower.  I also used the MCT - Stitched Circle and the small circle from the MCT - Build A Banner kit to help build my poinsettia.








Pretty cute, right?  Then, further inspiration struck when I remembered the previous week's MCT SMYT post, where the lovely Glora from "Glora's Crafts" demonstrated using the VersaMarker watermark pen to add dimension to your work (original post here).  I just happen to have one of those VersaMarkers and it has added wonderful depth to my flower creation.  I have then finally put my card together using one of the Wild Honey distressed pieces of cardstock from last night and some stickles to the centre of the poinsettia.  I am really happy with the overall result.  Thank you to MCT for providing constant inspiration!
Deb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment