CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 24, 2012

"Digging to China" - 12x12 Layout

I thought it would be fun to create a layout from some photos I took of my friend's daughters when we went to the beach one cold winter's day.  They were convinced they were digging to China!

I used Kraft cardstock as my base for the layout and have used some small stamps and several different green tones of VersaColour ink to create a spinifex grass effect on both sides and across the bottom of the page.

I have then used three different shades from the "Creative Memories - Shades of Olive" collection to mat my photos and create my title.  I have used the font from the Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge, and the bucket and spade from that cartridge too.  I wanted a splash of colour on the page and so I cut the bucket an spade in yellow cardstock, and I have highlighted the edges with a yellow Zig Writer, and added depth with my VersaMarker pen.

I put a strip of seam binding behind the four smaller photos down the left hand side to tie them in together.  Then some white faux stitching on the word "China" in the title, and it's finished off!  I'm so pleased with how this layout turned out!  Hope you like it!

Cheerio!
Deb.
xo

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment