CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Dancing 2010" - Double 12x12 Layout

The scrapping bug has well and truly hit!  Of course I couldn't do a layout of my son's football photos without doing one for my daughter's dancing photos.  That just wouldn't be right!  So I grabbed out the photos from my daughter's first year at dancing and started planning.

I love simple layouts, relatively symmetrical, that can utilise the growing number of fun 'tools' I have in my scrap space.  I have also recently unearthed a rather large stash of Creative Memories papers and cardstock (purchased quite some time ago) that I have vowed to use up before buying more supplies.

I had already decided to use black textured cardstock as my backing pages for this double layout.  I then sourced some pink, red, blue and shimmer Creative Memories cardstock to mat the photos against and to cut out the lettering.



The lettering for "Jazz" and "Tap" was cut using the MS Word "Forte" font, and the "Dancing 2010" and "Studio One" was cut using the MS Word "Bauhaus 93" Font.  These were cut using SCAL.

I also used the leftover scraps from these cuts to cut out the label die from the "My Creative Time - Just Simply Live" stamp and die set, and used the alphabet stamps from that set to add detail.

The song for the Jazz number was "Three Wishes" and so I have used the alpha stamps to stamp that on the pink label.  The song for the Tap number was "Uptown Girl" and likewise I have stamped that on the red label.  On the first blue label under the "2010" I have stamped "First Year" and on the second blue label above the "Studio On" I have stamped "Kait & Emily".  My daughter has been doing these dancing classes with one of her close little friends for these past three years.

The most time consuming part of this layout was the faux stitching around each of the pages.  As it is on black, I first went around with my white gel pen, and then I used my red, pink and blue sparkly gel pens alternating so that they would stand out.  (I tried it first on a scrap bit of black without the white underneath - didn't have the same effect!).

I added some bling to the corners of the mats and finally used a "K" bling piece that I'd been hoarding since my daughter was born!

The final touch was some Stickles on the "Jazz", "Tap", "2010" and a line inside the "D" from "Dancing".




My daughter loves the layout and is now satisfied that she hasn't been left out (LOL, gotta love 7yo's!).  HOpe you like it too!

Cheerio!
Deb. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment