CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rye Pier - 12x12 Layout

I thought I might put together another layout today, and chose to use more photos from a day trip I took with my own two kidlets and two 'ring-ins' as well (the 'ring-ins' being Tayah and Emily).  We had fish & chips at the foreshore picnic area in Rye before taking a long walk out on the Pier.



It's just a very simple layout, clean and symmetrical just the way I like them.  The base is a neutral colour textured cardstock.  I used my Walnut Stain Distress Ink to ink the edges of the base cardstock.  I have used Double Mates cardstock in Perfect Plum to mat the photos and some black cardstock to double mat the main photo and add a feature strip down the left side under the photos.  The title is cut from black cardstock using my Expression and the "Hannah Montana - Daddy's Girl" font (except for the word 'on' which is done using Making Memories Rub-Ons).

The pelican and the word 'beach' are from the "Life is a Beach" cartridge and I cut it out twice - once on black with all the guides removed and then once on grey.  I have then used my white gel pen and yellow Zig Writer to add feature and detail to the pelican.  Once he was adhered to the page I went back and put some light chalking detail around the pelican to give a beach effect.



I have used the faux stitching line stamp from the "My Creative Time - Gift Card Sentiments" stamp set to make guides for my journalling.  My final touch was to add some faux stitching of my own on some of the photo mats in black, and to add some seagull silhouettes to the upper part of the page (the sky!).

Cheers!
Deb. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment