CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 1, 2012

Fisherman Luka Birthday Card - Copic Colouring

Another week, another birthday/wedding/engagement/celebration of some sort!  It is my nephew's 21st Birthday today (wow!) and he loves fishing, so I thought I'd make him a birthday card with Fisherman Luka on it.  I'm really happy with the way Luka came out, colouring with my Copics - he's just so cute!  I also added some glossy accents to his eyes just to try it - I quite like it!

For the background of the card I've used my Distress Inks (Faded Jeans and Bundled Sage) to lightly daub directly onto the cardface.

I had cut out three fish from the Every Day Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge and I originally used each one as a mask on the background and went over it with Tattered Rose.  I then further highlighted each of the fish with some Crushed Olive, Wild Honey and Faded Jeans, and then highlighted the features with a Copic Multiliner.  The fish were then adhered to the card face.

I used the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the "My Creative Time - Card Sentiments" stamp and die kit, and the "21" from the "My Creative Time - All Around Birthdays" stamp kit.

Finally, I cut Luka out, leaving a bit of white edge around him and popped him up on the front of the card for dimension.  I really like this card!



Thanks for visiting!
Cheers!
Deb. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment