CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Word spread very quickly...

My son's teacher "volunteered" me to help with the decorations for the opening of our new building (courtesy of the Federal Government grants).  Our local member of both federal and state parliament were to attend, as well as other dignitaries, and with my evolving talents courtesy of my Gypsy, I was asked if I would prepare some decorations.  For sure!!!  Anything involving paper, my (new at the time) Gypsy and Expression was right up my alley!!

I made a free-hanging sign to put against a black blinds backdrop "GRAND OPENING 2010!" in our school colours of bottle green and gold, using Plantin Schoolbook capitals and shadows at 11.5" - looked pretty effective behind the lecturn!


Then I made a "Welcome to our School" sign for the entry way, using the Calligraphy Collection font (welded!!), and I made the corner features using rectangles from George & Basic Shapes, and curlicues from the Celebrations cartridge.  The "Welcome to our School" sign is still up today - the kids in the new building, "The Palace" love it!!


So, word was spreading very quickly about this new talent in the school community, and this talent (due predominantly to the Gypsy, IMO) was about to be harnessed for the greater good in the form of the Fundraising Committee...!  Whoa-boy, back up the choo-choo and LOOK OUT!!

D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment