CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Then there's the Grade 6 Graduation...

... Bearing in mind my School-aged children are in Grade 2 and Prep next near (respectively), it is only natural that I should work on the Grade 6 Graduation (?!?!!).  Once again, my son's teacher 'volunteered' my services to the lovely Grade 6 teachers - perhaps Deb could help out with the invitations, etc.?
Well, I had just come into possession of the Wild Cards cartridge, and there is the delightful Graduation Hat card and envelope - match made in heaven!  So, with the colour scheme of Magenta Pink, Grape Purple and Silver to work with, and my trusty Left Arm Extension (aka Gypsy), I set about making the graduation invitations.


I set up a production line of willing parents for the construction of the cards, which involved the sticking together of the liner inside the envelope, scoring the envelope fold lines and sticking it together, sticking the information on the inside of the hat and attaching the tassels with mini-brads.  I made the tassels from Anchor stranded cotton. All of the lettering had been pre-prepared and pre-adhered to make it easier - I didn't want the dots of the 'i's to go missing!
The invitations were a huge hit with the students (not to mention their parents and teachers alike!), and it appears that I have been roped in for Grade 6 Graduation committee duties for the next 7 years that my children are associated with the school!!  Happy to do it - this Gypsy and paper crafting stuff is way too much fun!!
Deb.

1 comments:

Unknown

Wow I would love to do something like that! I just ordered the Wild Card cartridge on eBay and CANNOT wait for it to arrive; I've been wanting it since before I even had a Cricut!! :)

Post a Comment